Collection of One Acts 2019 Submission Guidelines
Eden Prairie Players
This production is no longer accepting submissions.
Plays must be submitted as a PDF file. Plays may be submitted by the playwright only. Each playwright is allowed to submit 1 play. If a play was written by more than one person, be sure this is reflected in the Credited playwrights field.
Submitted plays must be at most 30 minutes in length.
Submissions will close when a maximum number of submissions is reached.
In the selection process, the play will be made available through TheaterForms to reviewers authorized by Eden Prairie Players. By submitting the play, the playwright gives permission for this usage. The playwright must be free to give this permission and to accept licensing terms offered by Eden Prairie Players if the play is selected, for any submitted play. (If a play is published after being submitted, and it is selected for Collection of One Acts 2019, Eden Prairie Players will have the choice of accepting the publisher's licensing terms or choosing an alternate submission.)
Eden Prairie Players is accepting submissions of unpublished one act plays for its 2019 Collection of One Acts to be produced in September of 2019. To find out more about Eden Prairie Players, please visit our website.
- We are seeking unpublished one-act plays: dramas, comedies, etc. (previously-produced or stage readings OK)
- Submit through the online submission form:
- Playwright contact information - name, email, address, phone.
- Name of play.
- Approximate duration.
- List of characters / descriptions: age, gender, race if specified, etc. (please list allowable deviations)
- Short synopsis of the play, including a description of recommended set pieces and props
- Has it been performed before? Where?
- After the form is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Selected plays will be paid a royalty per performance. Plays that are 10 minutes and under will be paid a royalty of $20 per performance and plays that are over 10 minutes will be paid a royalty of $30 per performance. Royalty rate offered will be determined by our own timing of the play at a table reading. We plan to have 7 performances, although this is not guaranteed.
- No compensation for selection process: By submitting your play(s) for consideration, you give Eden Prairie Players permission to make copies as needed for the selection process. You also give permission for your play to be performed without payment at an unrehearsed table readings as part of the selection process.
Q: Are works by international playwrights accepted?
Q. What is the deadline for submissions?
A: We limit consideration to an arbitrary number of plays, so submissions will be closed after we reach that limit. This usually happens fairly quickly.
Q: How are plays selected?
A: We provide access to each play for one or more authorized reviewers to read and rate as part of the selection process. Plays are narrowed down to a smaller subset of candidate plays. From this subset, plays are read at a public table reading and selected by our advisory committee.
Q. What about language in my play?
A: While we bill these productions as intended for mature audiences due to subject matter and language, we strongly consider what our audience's reaction to each piece will be.
Q: How long has Eden Prairie Players produced unpublished one-acts?
A: 2010 was the first year that EPP produced unpublished works as part of our Collection of One Acts, and it was immediately successful. The response from our audience was overwhelmingly positive. We hope to carry that enthusiasm forward each year by continuing to introduce our audience to fresh new works written by exciting playwrights. Thank you for your hard work, we are honored that you are considering EPP for your submission!