Please select at least one.
- I have checked the roles I am most interested in below, but I will consider any role.
- If not chosen as one of the roles I have checked below, I do not plan to participate in the show.
- The Cat is the spunky, fun-loving narrator of the show. The Cat leads Jojo into an adventurous world and serves as his guide. Singer/dancer. (Tenor or soprano)
- A sweet and kind creature who tries to protect all of the Whos. Horton wants to help anyone and everyone, and is so caught up in trying to save the world that he is oblivious to the fact that Gertrude is in love with him. Singer. (Baritone)
- A young boy from Whoville whose “thinks” often get him in trouble! He is creative, rebellious, and energetic. Singer/mover. (Tenor or Alto)
- Adorable bird-girl who is in love with Horton. Gertrude is self-conscious of her one-feathered tail and longs to have a more elaborate and showy tail in order to impress Horton. Singer. (Soprano)
- Lively and energetic bird-girl who has the biggest tail of them all! She is sassy and bold, and is always on the go. Singer/dancer. (Mezzo – belt)
- She is loud, boisterous, and sassy! The other animals in the Jungle of Nool always listen to her, and she acts as their leader throughout the show. Singer. (Soprano – belt)
- Three bird girls who hang out with Mayzie. They are colorful, fun, and energetic. Singers/dancers. (all voice parts)
- Three monkeys in the Jungle of Nool. They are mischievous and like to create trouble. Many other animals are afraid of them. (All voice parts)
- The leader of the Army in Whoville. He is loud, commanding, and sometimes mean. (Baritone)
- The mayor of Whoville, and Jojo’s father. He doesn’t know what to do with his son who disobeys him. (Tenor)
- The mayor’s wife, and Jojo’s mother. She is also struggling with what to do with her rebellious son. (Mezzo)
- I am interested in a tech crew position
Please mark any conflicts you have with these rehearsal
These are the dates of our rehearsal schedule. We will schedule rehearsals on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 4:00p and 9:00p, and and Saturdays between noon and 4:00p. Every actor will not be schedule for the entirety of those times, but we would ask that you block off those times for rehearsals. We will rehearsal at Life Church, in the Mason/West Chester area.
Please EXPLAIN your conflicts and their duration in the note box. If you will need to miss part of a rehearsal, please note when you would ARRIVE at rehearsal. For example, "On 2/6, I have music lessons until 6p, but could be at rehearsal from 6:20p on."
Also, please note those things that are truly conflicts. If you are willing to miss something for a rehearsal, do not list it as a conflict.
No absences allowed (shown in bold):
All tech rehearsals and performances are required for all cast members.
Thursday, March 26, 7:00 pm
Friday, March 27, 2:00 pm
Friday, March 27, 7:00 pm
Saturday, March 28, 2:00 pm
Saturday, March 28, 7:00 pm
Sunday, March 29, 3:00 pm
If you are in 3rd through 5th grade, you will be participating in a group audition on either Tuesday, Dec 10, or Thursday, Dec 12, from 4:30-5:20p. Please choose which audition you would like to attend. Do not click one of the audition time slots listed above (select "Please add me to the wait list")
We are planning to have a Friday matinee performance on Friday, March 27. Will you be able to arrive at the theater by noon that day to participate in the matinee performance?
If cast, your participation fee will include a production t-shirt.
If you are interested in joining the tech team, please click your area/s of interest below. This does not exclude you from being cast in the show. If you are only interested in tech, please leave the audition sections blank.